Sugar and spice....
Well, it was a good visit to Michigan- Carrie and I escaped, which was surprising given recent history. I guess you could say that we had a nice time.
Which was important, since that's the advice I was given when we left on our nice flights.
We had such a nice time, I thought it would be nice to do a nice post about the nice things that happened the last two weeks in football. For instance:
- It was nice to see Auburn defeat an undefeated Florida
- It was nice to see Texas A&M do the same to undefeated Missouri
- Oklahoma's Peterson jumps for joy. What a nice guy. Too bad he got an owie
- It was nice to see Arkansas on top of the SEC West at 5-0
- Anderson was nice enough to let two other teams win
- It was nice to see Ohio State roll over anything in their path
- It was nice to see Nebraska win two on the road
- Rutgers keeps winning... that's nice
- WVA is undefeated, and no one has burned a coach yet. Also nice
- It was nice that Vanderbilt could win a big one against Georgia
- It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who hates the new clock rules
- It's nice to see that I'm not with USC on this matter
- Illinois did not lose to Ohio State. They lost to Ohio and coach Solich. I'm sure he thought that was nice
- Illinois also lost to Indiana whose coach is recovering from brain cancer. Much nicer than sending flowers
- It was, uh, nice to see that things in Miami never change (OK, that's not fair... let's try again)
- It was nice that Miami responded appropriately by suspending players involved for the huge game against... uh... winless Duke
- UK has basketball season to look forward to- very nice
Other than Cat forgetting her picks two weeks ago and Amanda repeating the feat this week, we had lots of nice things happen. Carrie scored her third perfect week, and it was nice to see Emily at the top of the charts. Instead of trying to catch up with all of the individual niceties, here's where we are now.
Really nice set of games this weekend. Nebraska hosts those nice fellers from Texas, and it's on TV! Illinois travels to nice, Happy Valley to play Penn State and their nice old coach. Michael and Todd get to talk smack about the toOSU/aTm game- they like that. Anderson and Bluffton meet, and Anderson tries to be successful without two QBs. Washington enjoys the hospitality in Berkley- they're a funny bunch down there. The not so nice coach brings the Gamecocks against Vanderbilt. I'm sure that will work out well.Well, that was fun. Hopefully we'll be able to come back next week with even more nice stories since I will have more time to think of swell things to say.
Hooray football!
Labels: Picks league



1 Comments:
Thank you, honey. That was very nice.
Post a Comment
<< Home