Monday, January 11, 2010

Coaching Carroll

Whoops- I meant "Carousel". Not Carroll. So sorry.

Sorry that I've been such a slacker around here. It's like the faithful golden retriever who gets usurped by a new puppy. We'll go out and have a catch soon... and I promise I won't have you put down.

Anywho- a couple of pieces of news in the coaching world. Pete Carroll is headed to greener pastures in Seattle, just ahead of the coming storm that's gonna finally (I hope) hit U$C. The perfect hire? Mike Leach- it would be hard for me not to enjoy the Trojans if the Pirate Cap'n was in charge.

Speaking of hitting things, Jim Leavitt is out at USF; the third coach this season to be dismissed for "abuse" of a student athlete.

Texas Tech missed an opportunity and has hired Tommy Tuberville (as one person called him "the anti-Leach"; good ol' boy who won't ruffle feathers). But, Kentucky has confirmed Joker Phillips, so that's a good thing.

Here's where we are:
Akron: Hire- Rob Ianello (no)
Buffalo: Hire- Jeff Quinn (no)
Central Michigan
Cincinnati: Hire- Butch Jones (no)
Florida: Return- Urban Meyer (no)
Florida State: Hire/Appointment- Jimbo Fisher (no)
Kansas: Hire- Turner Gill (yes!!)
Kentucky: Hire/Appointment- Joker Phillips (yes!!)
Louisville: Hire- Charlie Strong (yes!!)
Marshall: Hire- Jon "Doc" Holliday (no)
Memphis: Hire- Larry Porter (yes!!)
Notre Dame: Hire- Brian Kelly (no)
South Florida
Texas Tech-
Hire- Tommy Tuberville (no)
UNLV: Hire- Bobby Hauck (no)
USC
Virginia:
Hire- Mike London (yes!!)
Western Kentucky: Hire- Willie Taggart (no)

Later this week (I promise) wrap up of the bowl challenge and our overall winner.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home