Tuesday, December 15, 2009

People know me...


For the four of you that regularly read this thing, you know that I've been a bit distracted this year as compared to last.

Historically, I've posted a couple of times a week hereabouts- both thoughts on college football in general and a lot of Buckeye-specific rants and cheers. It also became a great place for me to keep our picks league informed and do the weekly updates- remember when those used to be emails with footnotes?

This year, though, I was asked to move part of the dog and pony show up a notch. One of my favorite Ohio State blogs was looking for writers, and Jeff asked me to share my brand of crazy with Buckeye faithful.

So, instead of bugging you guys with Ohio State stuff, I've found a group of people who haven't heard my stories three hundred times already and seem to not mind too much.

It's been an amazing experience over at the Buckeye Battle Cry, and has now led to an even bigger announcement. Starting next year (actually, while I'm screaming my head off at the Rose Bowl), tBBC becomes the official Ohio State blog for the nationwide Sports Bloggers Nation. And to answer your question, Scott, I'm not sure what that means in terms of cash... Jeff, Jim, Eric, and I do it for the love of the, uh, keyboard anyway.

Yup, another case of being in the right place at the right time.

So, what does that mean for the Musings? Wellsir, I plan on sticking around and using this for the stuff that doesn't fit our "brand"- How sports fit into the educational experience of a University, How well our Division 1 schools are doing in their hiring processes, etc. And, of course, I'll still be hosting our competitions (get your picks in for the Bowl Challenge).

Anywho- Thanks for humoring me by being a part of this conversation, and for helping me hone whatever freaking skills that made me the blogger that I am.

And if you're wondering; Yes, I just blamed you for all this.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I especially like the college sports betting ads on your new site. Awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home