Sunday, October 26, 2008

Perfection to me is quite essential

Bonus points to whoever can identify the group that brought us today's posting title without clicking on it. Heck, I'm almost willing to give bonus points for anyone other than Michael, Paula, Dan, and I who leave a comment. Gotta' be honest here- it's been Homecoming week, and I'm a bit fried. So this might be shorter than usual. But, since not many people read it, I'm sure the outrage will be kept to a minimum.

But, I won't write any further without acknowledging double perfection from Dan and Cat. Amazing work, you two!

Onto the stuff you already knew about:
  • In this weeks' Game of the Year, Pennsylvania native Terrelle Pryor's fumble was all it took for the defensive juggernaut to end and State Penn to continue their path to perfection.
  • Texas also remained perfect, holding of a TBPU team that will be really good next year (if the money doesn't dry up).
  • Alabama Man kept on winning. Why hasn't Fulmer been fired yet?
  • Georgia also looked good, and for more reasons than just a shellacking of LSU.
  • All is right with the world- Nebraska beat Baylor. Whew.
  • APU had yet another second half collapse against Dixie "no, we're not in the South" State.
  • Anderson fought valiantly, but were Defied from winning.
  • Arkansas regretted their recent coaching decisions.
  • Pirates over Fighting Manginos. Hooray (more on this later)
  • Weiss hastened Willingham's firing for a second time
  • The Juice Is Lose. Sorry, Zooks.
  • Vandy lost to Duke in this years "Battle of the Braniacs". At least it was more interesting than other years. Good to see Methodists settling it on the field.
  • Florida had a bye- or it just seemed that way against UK
  • MACh1gAAn lost to little brother.
  • Tuskegee wins the SIAC with a home victory over Kentucky State.
Now, onto the reasons you click the link thingy: this week's stats. You already know about "perfection squared":
But what's really interesting is that while we were all within a game or two of each other, the scores were all over the board:
For the record, I chose Texas Tech but the ESPN computers have me down for a "Kansas" pick. Ah well, the rules are the rules.

The gap is getting bigger at the top, as the leaders seem to be creating uncatchable odds. For a price, I'll call Dan's daughters and ask them to keep him from logging on one week, if you think that help. Given that he's in the 99.5 percentile, it might not help much.
Cat does her part in continuing our tradition of split championships with a slight edge in the "picks" realm. I just realized something- Zook goes from Florida to Illinois, and Cat the Illinois fan goes to Florida. Hmmm... Could she be the "player to be named later"?
This week's games include the "World's LArgest Cocktail PArty" (or whatever they're calling it now), as Georgia and Florida play for the SEC East Championship. Auburn plays the Rebels and their new coach, whild the 'Cats meet the Crooms. TBPU faces Iowa State (shudder), and UW hopes for an upset of biblical proportions against U$C. The Big 12 has two of the more marquee games, with Texas and Texas Tech meeting in Lubbock (the 4th straigth top 10 team the Longhorns face), and Nebraska travelling to Norman for a meeting that will probably not be as exciting as in the past (at least not for Janie and Carrie).

Small schools- APU hosts Central Washington (mmmm Ellensburg), and Anderson welcomes the Bluffton Beavers to Macholtz Stadium.

Obscure game of the week- Mount Ida at Galludet in Division 3. The Mustanges of MIC represent a school that began as an all girls highschool in
Massachusetts, and only since the 1980s has the college been co-educational. Though miles from Japan, MIC is proud of their anime club. And why shouldn't they be?

As the best known school in the country for the hearing impaired, Galludet University in Washington DC has an amazing tradition of academics and athletics, especially football.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I thought this was going to be shorter then normal? Seems about the right length to me.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wasn't sure which Dan you were referring to but I figured if it was me I had to represent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home