Had a bad day
Yeah, even though I knew it was probably going to happen, it still hurts when it does.
I mean, Anderson losing 52 to 17? To DePauW? Yikes. The only thing worse happened when APU lost 75 to 13, but at least that was against the number 6 team in NCAA Division two.
(note- you want to talk about tough schedules? I believe that the first 7 teams APU plays are top ten in either the NAIA or NCAA Division 2 or 3)
Oh, and that other thing? I'm still processing. Thanks for asking.
Even though this is from a different game, this is how I felt most of yesterday evening. Stay with the video until the close up with his helmet off to get the full effect.
Oh well, it could have been worse.
Is it wrong for me to giggle a bit when I watch that?
Not everyone had a bad day, though- Former Husker Turner Gill's Buffaloes seemed to feel pretty chipper yesterday:
And I wish that I had ever had a time in my life where I felt like this Iowa coach.
Other folks were also successful- Illinois defeated what's left of Louisiana Monroe, and Nebraska squeaked by New Mexico State. Ntre Ame won the "cripple fight" when Mich1gAAn's six turnovers led to an insurmountable lead. The second version of the "battle of the bottom" saw Baylor defeat the Cougs of WSU. And speaking of anemic- Auburn 3, Mississippi State 2? Good thing the Tigers' shortstop made that diving catch in the ninth, huh? TCU pounded Stanford, who must have thought that the LHC's activation would end the world; thus negating the need to practice. Number 2 Georgia handed "The old ball coach" his sixth straight SEC loss, while Oklahoma pounded UW and looked like the team to play U$C in Miami. Our small college highlight: Mars Hill defeated St. Augustine's 34-17. Hooray.
Like I said, not everything was bad. For instance:
Cat posted the first perfect week of the season! Great work, especially since she was away from her computer at a conference.Oh, and those of you who picked tOSU... Thanks. That's cute.
I think that Paula forgot that there's more to football than just Arkansas- just because the UA/UT game was postponed, we're still doing the picks, sunshine.A couple of movers near the top of our picks rankings...
While the points totals haven't shifted much (with the exception of Cat making a big jump up).
So, this week, what happens. APU returns home to play the University of Wisconsin-LaCross, and Anderson tries to rebound against the "Fighting Quakers" of Earlham college (awesome nickname). Nebraska gets ready to start the regular season, as the prep for Virginia Tech in a bye week. U$C also has another bye week (one of three this season), and tOSU looks to beat someone nicknamed the Trojans this season as Troy comes to Columbus (along with a healthy dose of quarterback controversy). Arkansas squares off against the Great Satan/Saban, and TCU gets their first look at June Jones' SMU offensive prowess. The Fighting Zooks also have a bye this week, and will probably be watching Ntre Ame and Michigan State or Tennessee and Florida or LSU and Auburn. Can you blame them? Big cross conference game of the week is Georgia traveling (what? an SEC School traveling for a non-conference game? Wow...) to Arizona State.The Obscure Game of the Week- Division Three's Husson Eagles traveling to play the Cadets of Norwich. Located in northern New England, Husson prides itself in preparing students for "real world success". Unlike, say, other institutions which only hope their students will thrive in imaginary realms. Although, given that they're located in Bangor Maine, perhaps they are trying to distinguish themselves from that cities most famous resident.
Norwich University is a former military academy whose corps of cadets still anchors their campus community. It was the first private military school in the United States, and was the template for all ROTC programs used nationwide. Their ridiculously vague guiding principal is "Tradition of Innovation". Ummm... isn't innovation the opposite of tradition? You know, trying something new is not the same as doing what we've always done?
But then again, I wasn't smart enough to go there, so what do I know.
Labels: Amazing, ND, Nebraska, Picks league, tOSU, TTUN, U$C


1 Comments:
PA Training started and I was on retreat when my reminder email came from ESPN.
That's my excuse.
And I'm still ahead of Dan.
Post a Comment
<< Home