Monday, January 07, 2008

Repeat

Even though it didn't work out so well last year, the thoughts I had then ring true for tonight- here it is again (with slight changes):

I haven't said much about the game this evening... I don't really know what to say. A lot of smarter people than I have come up with overviews- "google" if you want that type of thing.

I've thought all year that #1 was optimistic, and I've always felt that my favorite squadron could go 1-11 if they beat you know who. So, I was committed to not thinking about the game tonight... a win would just be icing on an extremely tasty cake. Especially since this was a re-building year, and that we might have as many as 20 starters returning for next year... I'm just happy that the Buckeyes are here.

But here we are. I don't know if it's because of the above, because of the 51 day layoff, because it's a wweek after New Year's, or because of the lack of coverage (since the BCS moved to FOX, I haven't had it crammed down my throat like ESPN did last year); but in any case, I find myself not all that emotionally involved... perhaps that will change come gametime.

Ironically, I'm the guy who always picks against my team in our college picks league- this year, I went with them for one point. If they lose, I finish in second; if they win, I finish in 15th or something.

To be honest, the only thing that concerns me is the LSU coaching staff. Not because of the team "speed" or talent, but because it is Les Miles is crazier than all get out. I think that he'll do anything to win (witness going for it on fourth down 5 times against Florida), especially since he's a "Michigan Man" (or not). Plus, it's a home game for LSU... never a good sign.

But, as West Virginia proved in the University of Phoenix Stadium last week, anything can happen.

No matter what, it's been a great season. How this game ends up does not change that.

In Tressel We Trust.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home