Sunday, December 05, 2010

The End. For Realz.

First, we need to address an issue that's been raised by our competition committee. This is Jake's official press release/statement.
I was unaware of my father's involvement in the process of picking winners each week in The Big Howevermany pick'em league. I will not be made available to the media until after the Bowl Pick'em league has concluded.
Easy to joke about it when you're running away with the league. Not this week though- another Auburn alumni ended up one point away from a perfect.

Jordy rose to the top- when you don't have to think about your team's bowl assignment, it helps you focus.

As mentioned earlier, Jake won the league by an unprecedented 25 points. That's half a week's worth of effort.

Only marriage could keep the top group from being dominated by Shikes. To look at Jake's achievement another way, he won it by 8 picks... an average week (or two, for me)


At the end of the year, Dan finished dead last, but at least he got his photo on ESPN:

So, that's all she wrote for this season; things next year will certainly be different, since some folks will be playing for league and conference dominance.

Stay tuned for the Bowl Challenge... personally, I'm going to try to get Paula back on board, since she and I have something more at stake.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger Jake said...

Although my father admitted that he made picks on my behalf, I want reiterate that I was unaware of his actions and have now been declared eligable by the reinstatement committee of the BHAA (Big Howevermany Athletic Association). Bring on the bowls!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home