Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bowl Crap

Well, we're in full swing here in bowl season. Since I'm getting my brains beat in as a part of both of the picks leagues I'm in, I've got nothing better to do than vent... uh... brighten your day. So here goes.

Pat White is the stuff. And I love Bill Stewart. But it will be interesting to see how Burning Couches University does now that he's moving on. Also from that game- The definition of "re-donk-you-lus" is this catch:

Explain to me how the ACC has ten of its twelve teams in bowls this year? Especially since they are one of the two worst conferences this year? Yeah, the whole "going to a bowl game" thing is really overrated.

It's good to see that I'm not the only one calling shenanigans on the Bowl Challenge that ESPN does. I'd be more than excited to have everyone except Indiana or MACh1gAAn play the ACC's bowl schedule and see where that leaves us.

Congratulations to Notre Ame on their huge bowl win (first in 9 tries). You beat a 7-7 school who lost their head coach and Heisman candidate QB, and couldn't win their own sub-par conference. Strike up the echoes, and get ready for a top 10 ranking at the beginning of the season. After you coast through your unbelievably easy schedule (Nevada? Washington State?), you'll be guaranteed a BCS bid due to what we call the "Papal Bull". That will allow for another long "haven't won a bowl game" streak to begin, and for the rest of us to enjoy your collapse.

We've talked about this before, but the BCS games are not all that great for schools- especially monetarily. For instance, Utah (undefeated Utah) may actually lose more than $400,000 for the honor and privilege of playing in the Sugar Bowl, and they're not the only ones.

Remember our discussion about the crappy match ups in the BCS? How about this for proof: Orange Bowl tickets are easy to get. Really easy. And they're not the only ones. It's really become ridiculous.

Tomorrow- Taking a look at what things would look like if we had playoffs according to me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home